Faith Rapid Response Liaison
(Agente de la Respuesta Rapida)
Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity is seeking a “Faith Community Rapid Response Liaison” to join a team of 5 “Rapid Responders” and the Rapid Response Co-ordinator in the new Alameda County Immigrant Legal & Education Partnership (ACILEP) Rapid Response Network. ACILEP will provide a rapid response to the legal needs of Alameda County residents and families facing imminent deportation or who are impacted by immigration enforcement activity. The Rapid Responder will take shifts staffing a hotline where affected individuals and community members can call to report immigration enforcement actions. The Rapid Responder will do incident verification and support providing referrals to legal assistance and wrap around resources to families impacted by immigration enforcement. Finally, the Rapid Responder will work with the Network’s Know Your Rights Coordinator to ensure immigrant communities have the necessary guidance for individual and family emergency planning, to protect the legal rights, and to connect with the Network if and when necessary.
- Attend monthly ACILEP meetings and ongoing communication with the Rapid Response Teams
- Staff hotline where affected community members can report immigration enforcement actions.
- Provide rapid response to raids and other immigration enforcement efforts.
- Review cases and refer eligible ones for legal representation and support services through the network and refer those outside the network.
- Conduct targeted outreach to monolingual and other immigrant congregations.
` Assist with Know Your Rights Trainings and providing emergency planning materials through one-on-one outreach and presentations to faith communities
- Good networking, people skills and communication skills.
- Previous experience doing community outreach, trainings, community education or managing crises.
- Bilingual Spanish- English. Ability to do some verbal and written translation.
- Ability to work independently and fluidly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self -directed and able to coordinate their own work.
- Ability to have flexible hours on weekend and evenings and be on call several times a month.
- Access to reliable transportation as this job will require responding to crises and outreach.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, offering and receiving constructive feedback and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge or previous experience in immigration issues.
- Some familiarity with religious communities preferred.
- Familiarity using email, social media, google docs, Word.
- Cross-cultural awareness, self understanding of one’s own social location, and an openness and experience in building bridges across ethnicity, race, class, religions.
To apply, please send a resume by February 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev. Deborah Lee
Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity (IM4HumanIntegrity)
Northern CA Office:
Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity
310 8th St. Suite 310
Oakland, CA 94607