This is a great opportunity to add to your resume with a great topic and a fabulous instructor. Continuing Education units are offered, so feel free to pass this along to friends, family, and colleagues even if they aren’t NDNU students (it is not a class for which you get units toward a degree). See the description below, which is from the SBM web page; you can enroll there too. And see the Leadership flyer as well for more info.
Applied Leadership Certificate
This certificate program offered by the School of Business and Management uses an evidence-based approach to understand how to maximize leadership performance through the use of scientific, objective, data-driven approaches to decision-making regarding leadership techniques that lead to creating an agile organization that reinforces continuous improvement.
The program is taught over four Saturdays, a format that has been very successful for working individuals.
The program is designed for those who want to go beyond just theories of leadership and to instead look at applied approaches to managing employees based on research that shows managers how to fully engage employees. Program material can be applied in profit and non-profit settings.
Program areas include understanding how to:
- Use evidence-based management to increase the quality of management and employee decision-making
- Measure leadership efforts
- Capitalize on leadership/followership dynamic
- Lead in a manner that results in employees maximizing their efforts through the use of the technology of performance management, including in culturally and internationally diverse environments
- Create ongoing change programs through the use of continuous process improvement
- Create effective team environments
- Increase customer and client satisfaction through the use of TQM-based techniques that emphasize continuous improvement through ongoing employee development
- Create accurate and simple to use appraisal, development, and competency systems
- How to avoid the most common management mistakes and lawsuits
- Understand that what happens in a work environment does so because of what management causes to happen (often unintentionally)
You will earn 3.2 CEUs for four classes.
Courses will be held:
Spring 2014 Course: April 12 and 26 and May 10 and 17, 2014
Summer 2014 Course: June 21 and 28 and July 12 and 19, 2014
Each Saturday session runs 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Image courtesy ferrishonors.com