Welcome back! We’re looking forward to 2014 – to classes, to seeing you all again, and to a new year.
Did you forget to register for classes? Don’t worry – they begin again next week. Contact your adviser. We’ll find something for you and we’re in all week to help get you settled.
Are you interested in starting back to school this year? Know someone with a New Year’s Resolution? We recently went through the graduation surveys taken in a capstone class and thought that these comments were excellent inspiration, words of wisdom from those who have recently completed one of our programs. If you’d like the full report with feedback on specific core classes, just let us know!
- I am an all-around better version of myself because of this program at NDNU. I have learned much more than I had anticipated, helping me now and for the rest of my life. I know that if I had not have the opportunity NDNU gave me, I would not be where I am today.
- The courses as a while have helped me become more of a professional and a manager. They have helped me accomplish things with project management that I never thought possible a few years ago. Through this program, I have gained the ability to become a leader in my profession. With the skills and confidence I have gained here, I have the ability to choose where my life goes, not have it chosen for me.
- Being in this program has truly changed my life as an individual, as a student, and as an employee. It has helped me gain better understanding of others in a realistic way and has inspired me even more to help and make a difference. The support of the advisers and teachers within the program makes an extreme difference. It is not easy to come back to school, but they are very supportive. They aren’t just there assisting in class, but are available to help at your convenience and sometimes where it is convenient for you. I can’t think of anywhere else in my education where I have had that much support and encouragement.
- Completing this program has been the best decision I could have made. The instructors at NDNU have been the utmost most wonderful instructors I have ever met. I enrolled at NDNU as one person and will graduate as a new and improved person. The curriculum has led to renewed interest in my job abilities and social responsibility as a human being.
- I have studied at various educational institutions. I have never witnessed a more welcoming and respected community than NDNU. NDNU understands that the needs of students differ, which is so important to a community of working adults like myself, who want to continually learn and can do so because of this establishment.
- There is a personal story attached to each seven-week class that I have completed. Whether it was the time that my mom was recovering from surgery as I rushed to get into class on time or the time that I had just been awarded a recognition prize from my manager, the web of life continues through my journey each day. It has become stronger with knowledge, experience, and the connections that we have as we continue to grow, infusing our lives with education and knowledge. I am very grateful for the gifts that my experience at NDNU has provided to me.
- My overall assessment of the program is that it is extraordinary. The teachers really care about their students – each individual is respected and the teachers are readily available to help you succeed. My overall assessment of the core courses has been wonderful.
- I made sure I have gone out of my comfort zone in each class. I read books that I would never have read and worked with organizations that I have never worked with before but am interested in working with in the future. I believe that by doing that I have grown as a person, which would not have happened without NDNU.
- Seeking an education at NNDU was one of my wisest choices in life. Having been in the same organization for 28 years, I had become insulated to new ideas and theories; the courses opened my eyes to a variety of subjects. To quote a section from my final paper on Buddhism, “it’s not what I get from what I do, but rather from what I can give back.” I point well taken that I will never forget.
- The benefits of attending NDNU have been invaluable. Because the classes are small, it is easy to meet other students, many with diverse backgrounds. Being from another country myself, I enjoyed sharing my experience and gaining a broader worldview and cultural understanding from others.