Interested in the field of gerontology (care for the aging)? Dr. Patrick Arbore sent information about a conference on Wednesday, October 23 in Santa Clara. (Thanks, Patrick!)
From their flyer: “Culturally Competent Care post DOMA: The striking down of the Defense of Marriage Act has far reaching implications for the LGBT community, including federal taxes, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and Medicare. Also learn about best practices, HIV in older adults, local resources, and more.”
- Best practices for LGBT Equity and Inclusion
- Law and Policy Issues for LGBT Elders
- Affirming to All: Culturally Appropriate Services for LGBT Older Adults in Our Communities
- Wisdom of the Aging: Fostering Spiritual and Meaning-Making for the Older LGBT Adult
- Uncharted Territory: HIV After Fifty
The conference will take place not far from Mission College in Santa Clara – a special “head up” to our Mission students!
See the Institute on Aging’s link for more information, price, and registration procedures.
Image courtesy Institute on Aging